Upcoming Posts (Have an idea? Send it in!)

  • Bon Appetite
  • What's my Wedding Style?
  • How Can I Stay on Budget?
  • I'm paying HOW much for them to DIE?!?
  • How to Pick Your Photographer

Friday, December 19, 2008

Yuuummmm... How I LOVE cake!

So on one of the forums I am on, a girl was asking for ideas on her cake. Man oh man... I want cake now! She wanted ideas on what flavors to get and designs. Well there are lots of designs you can choose from...

Such as these more "traditional" cakes



Some people even do themes:

80s Themed

Caribbean Themed

Mario Themed


Some have even gotten into the mini-cake trend which I find so cool!


I on the other hand wanted something original... so this is a drawing of what I'm getting


This cake has what our squiggle is



Flavors can very depending on your taste. Here are some that are offered: White, Butter, Marble, Chocolate, Mint Chocolate Chip, Strawberry, Neapolitan, Lemon White, Key Lime, Italian Cream, Red Velvet, Carrot, and almost anything else you can dream up most bakers will do. Be careful though, some bakers charge extra for certain flavors beyond their norm.

If fillings are your cup of tea, your options are limitless there too! Here are some: Raspberry, Strawberry, Fresh Fruits, Lemon, Fudge, Peanut Butter, Cream Cheese, Flavored Buttercreams, and again almost anything you can think of!

While I am partial to buttercream as my icing, you really only have a few options: Buttercream, Fondant, or Marzipan.

Like I said, your combinations are limitless. Just talk to your baker. And when it comes to flavor make sure that your pick can support your design. Some cakes are softer than others and cannot hold lots of detail. Talk to your baker and they can let you know what will and will not work.

No comments: