Upcoming Posts (Have an idea? Send it in!)

  • Bon Appetite
  • What's my Wedding Style?
  • How Can I Stay on Budget?
  • I'm paying HOW much for them to DIE?!?
  • How to Pick Your Photographer

Thursday, April 16, 2009

We finally...

Have our Internet back! YAY!! They came out today and ran a new line until we can get the tree removed from the box.

So for those of you who don't live in the South East... Friday, April 10, 2009, will be a day many will remember.

It first struck my husband and I when we got word that a tornado had ripped through his former town Murfreesboro, TN. We have now learned, I believe, that it was an EF3 tornado. Thankfully no one we know was injured and most that we know only received minor damage. They were all very fortunate, and we are so glad that they are OK. However, there were many people who's house was completely lost. Please keep these people in your prayers.

Well as the day wore on, the storms got closer to us. Around 8:15, they started issuing Tornado Warnings for a down about an hour away. Me being the weather nut I am, I was glued to the radar not only on TV but online too! As I watched the weather, I finger tracked the storms and we were in the path to be hit directly by the cell with the known tornadoes. So I put all the cats up and prepared to go into shelter. The tornado warnings got closer and around 8:45 one was put into affect for my town. I had barely punched in the number on the TV to turn the weather channel on in the living room that the hail started and my husband texted me to get to shelter (he was working). Daisy and I got into the bathroom. About a minute later, it went dark, the power went out. Within 30 seconds or less, I heard the wind picking up and then it got louder. It lasted about a minute and then it was over. But that was the most terrifying minute of my life!

I called my parents shortly after (they live in a town an hour away that was not affected) and had them check the radar before I even came out. Talked to my husband and he was OK; let him know we were OK, but I didn't know about the house. Thank GOD our house was fine. No damage! Other people in our neighborhood weren't so lucky... Thankfully though, no one was hurt!

The town seems to be fine; a little rattled, but everyone is picking up. It was confirmed that 2 EF1 tornadoes touched down in our town, one being in my neighborhood. We are just thankful that no one was hurt.

So here are a few pictures from the damage in our neighborhood.

This is the end unit next to us... a tree fell into their living room 3 feet from where they were laying in the floor.

This is the unit across the street from us. It was the worst residential damage in the town.

This was shortly after it happened.

The inside of his house... the ceiling was in the floor. He was so lucky he was not home!

The side again

The downed trees in our backyard. We are the center unit (not pictured) to the right.


Future Mrs. H said...

Ahhh how scary! Thank God you and your house (and kitty) are okay. I was actually at a baseball game and hiding inside when the hail started, but we never experienced that terrifying moment where everyone goes silent, the power goes out, and you just wait for the loud train noise. Last year I experienced that for the first time and I am scarred for life. Luckily the tornado didn't come to our neighborhood.

AmyJean said...

Thank GOD you are ok! :) So glad you are back!