Upcoming Posts (Have an idea? Send it in!)

  • Bon Appetite
  • What's my Wedding Style?
  • How Can I Stay on Budget?
  • I'm paying HOW much for them to DIE?!?
  • How to Pick Your Photographer

Monday, January 12, 2009

A Hard Time

So this past week has been really hard on me. We are now 61 days out and I am still without a job. Excitedly enough, I do have an interview tomorrow, but I'm a little scared about it. They work Saturdays and considering we are 2 months out, there are really on 2 or 3 Saturdays between now and the wedding I can actually work. And on top of that I am going to be taking a lot of time off too! I have at least 1 or 2 days I will either have to take off or take a half day between now and March AND the week of the wedding I will have to have the Thursday and Friday off and possibly a half day that Wednesday AND the week of the honeymoon. I'm hoping that they will see how great of a candidate I am for the position and deal with me for the first couple of months. I need the job seeing that I've been out of work since November 4 and we desperately need the money!

So on to the hard week... because I have been out of work, we are having to cut items from my dream wedding just so we can afford it. My mom is footing the whole bill except for things she didn't think were needed, IE. Chair Covers. So I said I would pay for those and anything above what she couldn't do (we were on a $5000 budget and we are WAY over... like we are at about $10000 including the approx $1500 me and Michael are doing) being alcohol and my dress alterations and accessories.

And on top of that, invitations went out last Saturday. We already have 60+ YESES! We haven't gotten a single NO yet! Granted, the yeses we have gotten have all been expected people except 2, but still... I guess I should be grateful that that many people love us enough to come to our wedding. But it's hard when I still have to pay for those people! LOL

So here I sit watching my dream wedding go down the drain... I'm hoping for a GREAT tax refund because that will definitely help out a lot.

So PLEASE pray for me to get this job and/or for a financial miracle/blessing. We could really use the thoughts and prayers as we buckle down for the final countdown!

No comments: